(click on a thumbnail image for a full sized picture)
j.b. little brickyard
The brickyard at Fort Edmonton Park includes the firm's original brickmaking machinery housed in a replica building. The original brickyard was located in the Riverdale area where river-terrace clay suitable for brickmaking could be found. Their first kiln was started in 1893.
In 1958 the brickyard closed as there was no more clay to be found as well as the increasing difficulty of finding skilled operators for the brickmaking machinery.