Gyro Park & Playground - # 59
(click on a thumbnail image for a full sized picture)
gyro park & playground
In 1922 the first Gyro playground was opened at 95 Street and 108 Avenue. Eight more gyro parks were built in Edmonton over the years, the last in 1949.
To raise money to build the parks a Gyro carnival was organized and included a parade along Jasper Avenue, bands, dancers, tumblers and clowns.