Blatchford Field Air Hangar - 73

2007 This is a replica version built on the original blueprints. Blatchford Field operated on the site now called the Municipal Airport and opened in 1927. The Hangar was built in 1929. Fort Main Gate
2002      
2001        
2000        
                 
 

Avro Avian Biplane

2009      
2007

This plane is a replica of the actual one flown by the famous Wop May. Construction of the replica began in 2001 was built using the same techniques and materials, where practical, as the original. Approximately 3200 man hours were used to complete the project.  

The biplane is now stored in its own hangar outside of the main Blatchford hangar.

2002