Al Rashid Mosque - # 77
(click on a thumbnail image for a full sized picture)
al rashid mosque
The Al Rashid Mosque was built in 1938 at 108 Avenue and 102 Street and was the first mosque built in Canada.
In 1946 it had to be moved to 111 Avenue and 102 Street to make room for the Victoria High School.
Again to make room for the expansion of the Royal Alexandra Hospital it was necessary in 1992 to relocate the building to Fort Edmonton Park.